Other Partnering Initiatives
Global Indigenous Stop TB Initiative
Finding the world's missing 4 million TB cases requires the inclusion of all citizens, and demands that unique approaches be developed that guarantee such inclusions. The world's 370 million Indigenous peoples are at greater risk of infection, have poor access to diagnosis and treatment, and have few opportunities for participation in Stop TB strategies. The Global Indigenous Stop TB Initiative continues its efforts to raise awareness of the need to develop specific strategies to include these peoples in all activities aimed at promoting TB control and care, globally and locally. More information about the initiative can be found at http://fnpublichealth.ca/tb/global-indigenous-stop-tb/ . To learn more about Indigenous peoples in your community visit http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/unpfii/ or contact email@example.com.
The Eastern Mediterranean Partnership to Stop TB
The Eastern Mediterranean (EM) Partnership to Stop TB was launched on 6 May 2008. The EM Partnership has now its own organizational structure, namely Executive Board, Secretariat including Special Advisors, Resource Mobilization Committee and Working Group to Scale up TB care. Provisional members for the Board, Committee and Working Group were selected, and the Secretariat is hosted at the Stop TB Unit of the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office with acting Executive Secretary, Communication Officer and administrative staff.
Network of national stop TB partnerships
The network is a spontaneous (self-owned) initiative taken by national stop TB partnerships to exchange information and share good practices and lessons learned on different partnering experiences.
- Network of national stop TB partnerships, Cancun, 2 December 2009 [.pdf]
- Exchange market for partnering initiatives to stop TB at country level, Berlin, 13 November 2010 [.pdf]
- Informal session of focal points of national stop TB partnerships, Lille, 28 October 2011
- Informal session of focal points of national stop TB partnerships, Kuala Lumpur, 14 November 2012 [.pdf]
- Meeting of country-level partners and national stop TB partnerships, Paris, 1 November 2013