The National Stop TB Partnership in Pakistan
Stop TB Pakistan: The WHO Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office consulted the National TB Control Program (NTP) and together they developed the framework and functions of Stop TB Pakistan. The partnership has been established and the secretariat is housed at Dow University of Health Sciences, Karachi. Vice Chancellor of the University holds the chairmanship of the partnership. In 2009, the partnership began its quarterly meetings that focused on selecting provisional board members, a chairman of the board, provisional committees and a provisional secretariat. The current meetings serve to discuss and debate the structure of the partnership in a participatory way. The main focus of the partnership is to provide a leadership role and support high level advocacy, resource mobilization and political commitment expressed in terms of assistance and implementation to ensure meaningful impact on the quality of life of people suffering from TB.
|Name:||Dr. Iqtidar Ahmed|
|Function in the partnership:||Executive Secretary (Hon.), Stop TB Partnership Pakistan|
|Organization:||Stop TB Partnership Pakistan|
|Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
More information about the National Stop TB Partnership in Pakistan:
- To find other partners that are currently active in Pakistan you could use the Stop TB Partners' Directory which lists all partners' email addresses and phone numbers as well as a detailed description of their activities. To start collaborating with partners in Pakistan, please click here.
- To read the partnership's questionnaire which gives more detail about the structure, governance and members of the partnership, please click here.
- To read about how the partnership successfully engages with the media, please click here.
- To find out how the partnership successfully engages with non-traditional partners, please click here.
- To see the presentation from Behrooz Sabzwari, a Pakistani TV movie actor, during the workshop for national stop TB ambassadors, 5 December 2011, Geneva, please click here. You can also watch one of his productions.
News from the partnership:
Stop TB Pakistan held the first meeting of the Coordinating Board
Submitted by Stop TB Pakistan - April 2013
Boy Scout Association actively celebrates World TB Day
Submitted by Stop TB Pakistan - March 2013
Boy Scouts and other local and international NGOs, partner organizations, and school children attended the advocacy seminar and actively participated in the awareness walk on World TB Day. Read more.
Making Strides in ACSM in Pakistan
Submitted by Pakistan Stop TB Partnership - August 2011
Three separate ACSM orientation sessions were held in Pakistan to train partners in the public and private sectors. The first was an advocacy and communication training on writing stories about patients successfully completing TB treatment. The other orientation sessions were for training young volunteers on TB-related issues and educating members of the provincial assembly about TB to motivate them to implement DOTS programs in their districts.
Read more [.pdf].
The Eastern Mediterranean Partnership to Stop TB coordinates joint planning and action for TB prevention, care and control. More information about the regional partnership can be found at their website.