Join an online discussion on rolling out the Xpert MTB/RIF diagnostic test
12 May 2011 - Boston, USA - The Global Health Delivery Project is hosting a virtual panel discussion on rolling out the Xpert MTB/RIF diagnostic test in resource-limited settings from 9-20 May.
The discussion is open to anyone working in the field of tuberculosis control. To join the conversation, visit GHDonline to sign up for free membership of the online community.
A group of panelists will discuss topics including the integration of the Xpert test into current TB diagnostic and treatment plans and evaluating the impact of the test.
The panel includes:
- Dr. Chris Gilpin, scientist at the WHO Stop TB Department and a member of the team leading the roll-out of the Xpert MTB/RIF test
- Dr. Daniela Cirillo from the San Raffaele Scientific Institute in Italy
- Dr. Gerrit Coetzee from the National TB Reference Laboratory of the National Health Laboratory Service in South Africa, one of the countries planning widespread roll-out of the test
- Dr. Eduardo Gotuzzo from the Instituto de Medicina Tropical Alexander von Humboldt at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia in Peru who participated in the demonstration study
- Dr. Mark Perkins from FIND, the non-profit organization that co-developed the test and led the evaluation and demonstration studies
GHDonline.org is a platform of professional communities developed and maintained by the Global Health Delivery Project at Harvard University and guided by expert moderators.