The world lit up for TB!
Stop TB Partners and local authorities light up landmarks in 31 cities in 13 countries
The video featuring these landmarks can be seen here.
For World TB Day this year, the Stop TB Partnership launched the global challenge "Light up the World for TB". The Stop TB Partnership and partner organizations worked together with local authorities all over the world to light up their landmarks in red on 24 March 2017 to show their commitment towards ending TB. The action was very successful with 31 cities in 13 countries lighting up their landmarks in red during the night of World TB Day.
The challenge followed on from the success seen last year when the cities of Barcelona and Rio de Janeiro illuminated key monuments in red.
The Stop TB Partnership is extremely grateful to the partners who worked together with cities to accomplish this and to the local authorities who made this happen.
The landmarks to be lit in red were:
- Armenia, Yerevan: the statue of Mother Armenia and the Opera Theatre building
- Brazil, Brasilia: Esplanada dos Ministérios
- Brazil, Rio De Janeiro: the statue of Christ the Redeemer and the Oswaldo Cruz Foundation building
- Canada, Calgary: the Reconciliation Bridge
- Canada, Edmonton: the High Level Bridge
- Canada, Niagara Falls: Niagara Falls
- Canada, Toronto: the CN Tower
- Denmark, Copenhagen: UN City
- Georgia, Tbilisi: NCDC building
- Pakistan, Balochistan: Quaid-e-Azam Residency Ziarat
- Pakistan, Karachi: Mazar-e-Quaid
- Pakistan, Khyber Paktoonkwa: Khyber Paktoonkwa
- Peru, Cuzco: Qoricancha, Inca Temple of the Sun
- Peru, Lima: Circuito Magico del Agua
- Romania, Bucharest: University Square
- Spain, Barcelona: City Hall, Arc de Triomf, 3 Creus Parc Güell, Fachada Palau Virreina, Font Passeig Gràcia, Torre del Barró
- Spain, Cadiz: Puertas de la Tierra
- Spain, Gijon: City Hall
- Spain, Madrid: Cibeles
- Spain, Murcia: City Hall
- Spain, Santander: Magdalena's Palace
- Spain, Sevilla: Four Seasons Fountain
- Spain, Toledo: Baños de la Cava and Puente de Alcantara
- Spain, Valladolid: City Hall
- Spain, Zamora: Santiago del Burgo
- Switzerland, Geneva: Jet d'eau and Hotel des Bergues
- Ukraine, Kyiv: Lesya Ukrainka statue
- United Kingdom, Birmingham: Joseph Chamberlain Memorial Clock Tower
- United Kingdom, Newcastle upon Tyne: Gateshead Millennium Bridge
- United States of America, Cleveland (Ohio): Terminal Tower