Wednesday, August 28, 2013 - 08:00 to 09:15
The ninth PPM subgroup is being organized in the context of the development of the post-2015 TB strategy. It will take a stock of the global progress to-date, discuss ways to accelerate PPM scale up and prepare for PPM mainstreaming within the post-2015 TB strategy. With a view of drawing attention to the possibility of substantially enhancing TB case notifications while also improving TB management among people with TB presenting to large hospitals, a workshop on the unfinished business of effective engagement of large hospitals in TB care and control will be organised in conjunction with the ninth PPM Subgroup meeting. The evidence generated from documented field projects will be presented and discussed. The participants will make field visits to examine first-hand some working examples of effective hospital engagement in TB care and control in Bangkok. The workshop on hospital engagement is supported by the TB CARE I programme of the United States Agency for International Development.
1. To review and discuss global progress on PPM for TB care and control.
2. To discuss ways to engage large hospitals to enhance case notifications and improve TB management.
3. To make field visits to selected large hospitals in Bangkok to better understand approaches to hospital engagement in TB care and control.
4. To discuss future strategies to accelerate expansion and enhance impact of engaging all care providers through PPM in the context of the post-2015 TB strategy.
1. A review of global progress on PPM and its contribution to TB care and control.
2. A review of country approaches and experiences in engaging large hospitals in TB care.
3. Field visits for enhanced understanding of internal coordination and external linkages for improving management of people with TB presenting to large hospitals.
4. Outlines of future strategies to enhance attention to PPM before and beyond 2015.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org