To ensure that all people with TB can access convenient, accurate and rapid TB diagnosis.
- Develop rapid, affordable tests for diagnosis or triage that do not rely on sputum and are used at the point of care.
- Develop accurate DST for critical medicines, including through sequencing-based tests and strategies for early detection of resistance to the medicines used in regimens.
- Improve tools for detecting TB infection (i.e., latent TB), subclinical TB and testing for risk of progression to active disease.
- Develop and harness AI and machine learning-based tests.
- Ensure expanded and equitable access to critical knowledge and resources that enable the development of new diagnostic tools.
- Develop and evaluate a diverse portfolio of new tests and solutions.
- Demonstrate patient benefit and predict impact within the entire health system.
- Ensure that WHO-approved diagnostics are made available and appropriately used in relevant countries.