Oct. ’17 - 1st Focus Group Discussion on Digital Adherence Technologies
The Stop TB Partnership, in collaboration with the Arcady Group, organized the 1st Focus Group Discussion on Digital Adherence Technologies, which was held on 8 October 2017 in Guadalajara, Mexico in advance of the 48th Union World Conference on Lung Health. The meeting objectives were to:
- Establish a shared understanding regarding adherence taxonomy, importance of proper adherence to existing TB treatments, including current practices and trends regarding treatment observation and monitoring;
- Share information about the operation, potential benefit, evidence base, uptake trends, what is known and unknown, including clinical outcomes of 99DOTS, digital medication monitors (evriMED), video-observed therapy (VDOT), and Keheala;
- Understand end-user’s expectations and needs regarding digital adherence technologies;
- Share perspectives and learnings from current implementation of digital adherence technologies, including necessary conditions and enablers, resources required, and lessons learned; and
- Identify what additional information countries would require, from a piloting and adopting perspective, to catalyze roll-out of digital adherence technologies at a national level.
The agenda, participants list, presentations, and summary can be found at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzp2fgz1o9g2wtz/AADry8hZAkAgZ8cPoJO1-qVra?dl=0.