Category and Product-level Procurement and Delivery Planning Guide
This document lays out indicative lead-times for planning purposes for TB products procured via the Stop TB Partnership’s Global Drug Facility (STBP/GDF).
Procurement and delivery lead-time information is the time from order confirmation and receipt of payment by STBP/GDF to delivery to country. This information is provided at the category and detailed product level and is indicative based on current market knowledge to ensure on-time delivery and best value procurement.
STBP/GDF Budgeting Prices for TB Medicines
The Stop TB Partnership's Global Drug Facility (STBP/GDF) has established Long Term Agreements with manufacturers of TB medicines with the aim to achieve lower prices and also ensure the sustainable and reliable on-time supply of the full range of the needed TB medicines.
The prices are indicative prices for budgeting purposes. STBP/GDF aims to deliver the TB medicines at these prices or below. The prices are valid through December 2021.
For more information on the TB medicines please refer to the StopTB/GDF catalog.
STBP/GDF Budgeting Prices for TB Diagnostics
The Stop TB Partnership's Global Drug Facility (STBP/GDF) has established Long Term Agreements with manufacturers of TB diagnostics and laboratory supplies with the aim to achieve lower prices and also ensure the sustainable and reliable on-time supply of the full range of needed products.
Pricing as well as information on product specifications, packaging and shipping information can be found in the GDF TB Diagnostics Ordering List. The List also facilitates order planning by automatically calculating order costs and lead times.
For several new TB diagnostic products, guidance on order planning is available in the series of GDF Technical Information Notes.
For an overview of the full range of TB diagnostics and laboratory supplies available through GDF, please refer to the StopTB/GDF catalog.
Indicative Reference Costs for Budgeting Purposes: Freight, Insurance and Quality Assurance
This document lays out the indicative costs for freight, insurance, and quality assurance (QA) for STBP/GDF’s key product categories and is intended for budgeting purposes. The costs are presented as a percentage of product value.
The indicative costs are generalized for all countries and regions. We strongly recommend that you contact your GDF focal point for more tailored guidance on specific countries.
GDF Drug-Susceptible TB Treatment Estimated Regimen Prices
1) Estimated regimen prices are calculated using the average weighted price for each medicine (average weighted price account for the different prices for each supplier of that medicine weighted by the market share allocation received from each GDF tender) the duration indicated (in months) and assuming 30 days of treatment per month.
Actual final costs may differ based on the product(s) delivered
2) Estimated regimen costs are valid from 1 January 2021 through 30 June 2022
3) Cost estimates assume the use of fixed-dose combination (FDC) products in both the intensive and continuation phase (4-FDC for intensive phase [rifampicin/isoniazid/pyrazinamide/ethambutol 150/75/400/275mg] and 2-FDC for continuation phase [rifampicin/isoniazid 150/75mg])
4) Cost estimates based on regimen description taken from Dorman et al. High dose rifapentine with or without moxifloxacin for shortening treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis: Study protocol for TBTC study 31/ ACTG A5349 phase 3 clinical trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2020;90.
5) Range represents the original discounted price for rifapentine from Sanofi and the proposed new discounted price. Discounted price may apply to eligible countries for a limited time.
6) Cost estimates assume the use of child-friendly fixed-dose combination (FDC) products in both the intensive and continuation phase (3-FDC for intensive phase [rifampicin/isoniazid/pyrazinamide 75/50/150mg] and 2-FDC for continuation phase [rifampicin/isoniazid 75/50mg])
Table Last updated August 2021