The annual meeting of the Childhood TB subgroup was organized on Wednesday 26 October 2016 in Liverpool, UK. The meeting focused on country experiences in scaling up the response to childhood TB and on what needs to be done to move the agenda forward. More specifically, the objectives were to: share the latest estimates of the childhood TB burden; discuss how to best operationalize the End TB Strategy; give an update on the treatment of MDR-TB in children and on progress made in linking with RMNCAH services; provide an update on the uptake of the child FDCs as well as on recent developments in preventive therapy; share experiences with respect to intensive case finding of TB in children; and, at the end of the day, the new chair of the childhood TB subgroup was announced. The meeting was attended by 120 participants representing a wide variety of stakeholders including paediatricians, NTP managers, Mother and Child Health representatives, technical and financial partners, community TB representatives and WHO staff from Headquarters, regional and country offices.
On 27 October 2016, an informal face-to-face core team meeting took place in Liverpool, UK to update each other on ongoing initiatives and activities, to agree on a vice-chair and to jointly plan for 2017.
- Anne Detjen - An Update on Childhood TB Integration
- Ellie Click TB Preventive Therapy - Challenges and Solutions
- James Seddon - Publications Update
- Malgosia Grzemska - MDRTB Guidelines
- Marina Tadolini - ERS/WHO Consilium
- Senait Kebede - Case Finding TB
- Simon Schaaf - Prevention and management of MDR-TB in children
- Steve Graham - Child TB subgroup
- Steve Graham - Detect Child TB Uganda
- Steve Graham - Scale up IPT in Viet Nam 2016 Update
- Valerie Schwoebel - MDR-TB Short Regimen
- Valerie Schwoebel - The "Titi" Study