The World Health Organization and Consortium to Respond Effectively to the AIDS/TB Epidemic (CREATE) organized their 6th CROI affiliated HIV/TB research meeting on behalf of the TB/HIV Working Group of the Stop TB Partnership in Seattle, USA on 5 March, 2012. Attended by some 70 participants, including HIV researchers, implementers and public health policy makers, the meeting discussed critical knowledge and research gaps on TB impact and measurement of TB transmission in high HIV burden settings. Convened by Drs Richard Chaisson of John Hopkins University and Haileyesus Getahun of WHO’s Stop TB Department, the meeting was chaired by Dr Diane Havlir, Chair of the TB/HIV Working Group and Dr Gottfried Hirnschall, Director of the HIV/AIDS Department of WHO. For more information please click on the links below.
- 01_Measuring_TB_transmission_&_impact_Godfrey-Faussett [.pdf]
- 02_Commentary_on_measuring_TB_transmission_&_impact_Nelson [.pdf]
- 03_Measuring_long-term_impact_of_TB_transmission_Whalen [.pdf]
- 04_Commentary_on_measuring_long-term_impact_of_TB_transmission_Reid [.pdf]
- 05_Innovative_ways_of_measuring_TB_transmission_Chamie [.pdf]
- 06_Modelling_impact_of_TB_transmission_Dowdy [.pdf]
- 07_Commentary_on_modelling_impact_of_TB_transmission_White [.pdf]