The Nairobi Strategy aims to develop and implement a human-rights-based approach to TB at global, regional, national and local levels. It was launched in March 2017 in Geneva to cover the period until 2020. The key components are to:
- empower and support networks of affected communities of people with TB and TB survivors
- enhance judiciary and legal awareness of a human-rights-based approach
- expand legislators’ and policymakers’ capacity to incorporate human-rights-based approaches to TB into laws and policies
- advise international organizations and experts on implementing human-rights-based approaches
- sensitize health care workers on the need to incorporate a human-rights-based approach to TB in their work.