As part of a focus on the Western Pacific region and the People’s Republic of China for 2011, the Core Group of the TB/HIV Working Group of the Stop TB Partnership will be holding their annual meeting from 9-11 November in Beijing for Core Group members and key stakeholders in the Western Pacific Region and the People’s Republic of China to share experiences and best practices and discuss nationwide scale-up and implementation of collaborative TB/HIV activities, and integration of TB and HIV services. The meeting will be co-hosted by the Ministry of Health of the People’s Republic of China.
Objective 1: To share global progress and latest developments in the implementation and scale-up of the TB/HIV activities including research.
Objective 2: To identify critical bottlenecks and solutions for scale-up of TB/HIV in the Western Pacific Region, including the People’s Republic of China
Objective 3: To identify next steps to scale-up of collaborative activities in the Western pacific Region and the People’s Republic of China.
- Experiences, best practices and lessons learnt on implementation of TB/HIV collaboration for scaling-up collaborative activities and integrating TB and HIV services in the region and the People’s Republic of China shared.
- Key advances in the TB and HIV research reviewed and policy implications discussed.
- Key measures that support the scale-up and implementation of collaborative TB/HIV activities reviewed and next steps discussed
- Examples of civil society engagement shared key actions to strengthen partnership between national TB and AIDS programmes and civil society identified and agreed.
- A framework for operational research to accelerate the implementation of collaborative TB/HIV activities and the integration of the TB and HIV services developed.
Languages of the meeting: English and Chinese