The Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS) Program, funded by the U. S. Agency for International Development, is collaborating with World Health Organization and select Stop TB partners to host the conference.
The interactive three-day conference will be conducted in English with simultaneous translation into French. Topics to be discussed will include the following—
- Regional perspective on current strengths and challenges for TB diagnosis and treatment in Africa
- Impact of current and new TB diagnostic tools on pharmaceutical management
- Improving TB procurement and drug supply management systems
- Strengthening management information systems for TB
- Organizing national TB programs for optimum pharmaceutical management
- Building public-private coalitions to reduce spread of drug-resistant TB
- TB/HIV management and service integration
Conference logistics and details will be posted on the conference website http://africatb2011.wordpress.com as they become available. If you have any questions regarding the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.