All those interested in TB elimination are invited to attend the Stop TB USA coalition’s annual meeting from 12:15 – 1:45 pm on Tuesday, June 12, immediately following the morning session of the annual 2012 National TB Conference (in the same room) at the Crowne Plaza Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia.
This June 12 annual meeting is an open meeting and we encourage all those interested in TB elimination to join us. Pre-registration for this coalition meeting is not necessary. All persons interested in TB-related advocacy should make every effort to attend this session.
We owe a great deal of thanks to Dr. John Bernardo who will complete his successful term as Chair of Stop TB USA on June 12 at this Annual meeting.
This will be a particularly notable annual meeting for our coalition.
· Dr. John Bernardo will complete his term as Chair.
· Current Chair-elect, Eileen Napolitano will assume the position of Chair.
· Attendees will elect a new Chair Elect; the Steering Committee has recommended a highly qualified nominee for this important position (see below).
· We have the new coalition Bylaws.
· We will address potential membership for the new Coordinating Board that will replace the current Steering Committee and lead our Stop TB USA into the future. (See the call for Board members below.)
· We will address the coalition’s new TB Patient Forum.
· We will address the future of the coalition’s Executive Director position as well as Partnership Committee and Working Groups and other issues related to implementation of the new Bylaws.
· Our Washington DC partner from ATS, Nuala Moore, will provide us with a current update on current, critical and emerging TB domestic and global funding issues.
· Our RESULTS partner Lisa Marchal will address how Results and Stop TB USA can strengthen our relationships.
Our special thanks to the VersaPharm Incorporated (a pharmaceutical company that produces TB medications)which has again agreed to sponsor a box lunch for this annual coalition meeting. VersaPharm will support the purchase of 100 box lunches which will be available on a first-come first-served basis at the meeting.
This Stop TB USA Annual Partnership meeting is an open meeting and we encourage all those interested in TB elimination to join us. Pre-registration for this partnership meeting is not necessary. This meeting is being held in conjunction with the 2012 National TB Conference that will be held the week of June 10, 2012. (Information about the Registration for the National TB Conference is available at: http