Submission Deadline: 05 May 2020 at 17:00 Geneva time
Applications MUST be submitted using this Wave 8 application website.
Proposals submitted via email in Word/PDF format will NOT be accepted or reviewed.
TB REACH strongly encourages applicants to read and follow the Stop TB Partnership’s language guide - United to End TB: Every Word Counts. The language used to speak about TB can influence stigma, beliefs and behaviours, and may determine if a person feels comfortable getting tested or treated. Non-discriminatory, empowering and people-centred language should be used throughout your TB REACH Wave 8 proposal.
If you have any questions, please contact us at TBREACH@stoptb.org
The Stop TB Partnership's TB REACH initiative has been supported by the Government of Canada since its inception in 2010.
Funding support for this call for proposals has been provided by USAID.
NOTE FOR APPLICANTS
Wave 8 applications must be:
- Specific to Private Provider Engagement (PPE) - please see the relevant Concept Note;
- Focused on case finding (adherence interventions may be included as well, but the inclusion of the case finding aspect is mandatory);
- Led by a local1, non-governmental organization (with any international partner(s), if included, receiving a minority of the total budget);
- Type 1 or 2 (i.e., not including Type 3 applications); and
- Proposing PPE projects in USAID priority countries.2
1To be considered a "local" organization, an entity must satisfy all of the following:
- Be organized under the laws of the recipient country (i.e., the country of implementation);
- Have its principal place of business in the recipient country;
- Be majority owned by individuals who are citizens or lawful permanent residents of the recipient country or be managed by a governing body, the majority of whom are citizens or lawful permanent residents of a recipient country; and
- Not be controlled by a foreign entity or by an individual or individuals who are not citizens or permanent residents of the recipient country.
- The term "controlled by" means a majority ownership or beneficiary interest as defined above, or the power, either directly or indirectly, whether exercised or exercisable, to control the election, appointment, or tenure of the organization’s managers or a majority of the organization’s governing body by any means, e.g., ownership, contract, or operation of law. "Foreign entity" means an organization that fails to meet any part of the "local organization" definition.
2USAID supports 24 TB high-priority countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.